The Club inspires and enables young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens.
Understanding today's youth and developing tomorrow's leaders through a kaleidoscope of opportunities, fun-filled programs, and great people.
The Boys & Girls Club of Newton ('the Club') had its beginnings in 1899, as the Nonantum Athletic Association (N.N.A.) which was formed to provide recreational services for youth. Eventually, the N.A.A. and a small collection of vocational training organizations combined under one roof, and the building came to be known as "The Boys Club." In 1954, the Club joined Boys Clubs of America. The Club began serving girls in 1974 and was fully coeducational by the mid-1980s when the organization was officially renamed The Boys & Girls Club of Newton. During the 1990s, the Club outgrew its small space in a converted church and purchased an old water yard building from the City of Newton. In April of 2000, the Club opened the doors to a 20,000 square foot facility. Since that date, membership has grown to 800 members and the operating budget has grown from $280,000 to $1,100,000. A key to the Club's long-term success is the ongoing involvement of board members, volunteers, employees, and alumni.
For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs have helped
put young people on the path to great futures.